What do I do if I see a Bear in my yard?
Go inside, close the door and leave the bear alone. Unless the bear is posing an immediate threat to persons or pets don’t call 911, call 250-6670 which is the normal dispatch number for the Sheriff’s Office. To keep bears from coming insure that you are not putting food out that attracts them. Insure that garbage is kept in proper containers and that no food comes from there for the bears. Never approach or try to photograph or in any way interact with the bear. When the bear sees there is not food available he will leave.
Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...